A Similans Cruise Director Liveaboard Diving Internship is your opportunity to, not just get some great diving on the Similans, but also to increase your knowledge of how the live-aboard market works and become an employable and confident Liveaboard cruise director.
This internship runs over two back to back trips aboard the Similan Explorer. Khao Lak Scuba Adventures have several boats and daily liveaboard trips to the Similans.
You can combine our Similans Cruise Director Live-aboard Internship with any Dive-Careers PADI Instructor packages.
Participating in the live-aboard internship will increase your guiding and briefing skills, focus on customer service and care, give real life experience running and preparing Similan live-aboards, and importantly, you’ll make contacts in the live-aboard industry to help with future job placement.
LIVE-ABOARD INTERNSHIP CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
PRE LIVEABOARD PREPARATION
- Gearing up and the importance of using this time to gather experience of customer
- Selection of customers to specific dive groups
- Understanding prep for 5 days living and diving on a boat, inc prep for courses, known and unknown
- General workings of the dive shop procedures and processes
2 LIVEABOARD EXPERIENCES
- Orientation of customers to boat, general diving procedures, timetable and living together
- Assisting and assessing each customer on prepping their equipment
- Assessing dive site conditions and briefings, safe diving procedures
- Initial check dive duties
- Subsequent dives, either assisting or leading depending on conditions and dive site
- Emergency procedures and action plans
- Understanding of the marine life habitats and behavior in Similan/Surin national parks
- Engaging in non diving related activities eg visiting the islands and its people the Moken
- General customer engagement and having a good time
- Understanding importance of continuing education, nitrox and equipment sales on board
POST LIVEABOARD EXPERIENCE
- Ensuring continuing customer engagement through social websites, trip advisor etc
- Checking, washing and returning of equipment
- Occasionally saying goodbye to customers with evening entertainment (meal and beer)
LIVEABOARD Cruise Director INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
You will be fully involved in the day to day workings, with the aim of providing you with an insight into working on and managing liveaboard trips. You will be treated as a member of staff with special attention to your individual needs and learning abilities. You are expected to be an enthusiastic learner with a keen interest in people and customer service. Its not easy to live with your customers so you need to be a solution minded personality with a lot of positive energy.
LIVE-ABOARD INTERNSHIP COSTS: 40,000 THB, ADD on to your Khaolak IDC for just an additional 20,000 THB!
includes: KhaoLak Scuba Adventures Liveaboard Internship including two trips and pre trip planning and preparation.
not included: Marine park fees (These are subject to change, although infrequently, so quoted separately) 2000 THB per trip AND Personal expenses and travel to and from Khao Lak