Here at Seaquest Bohol we offer PADI freediving courses daily. We do theory sessions, breath-hold exercises and stretching in the garden of our resort or on one of our cozy sea view terraces.
Mostly we train static breath-hold in our resort swimming pool and do dynamic apnea in the sea or in a 25m pool nearby. The open water training is held in Alona beach, or Doljo beach, depending on the conditions of the sea
Every time we take a breath-hold dive our body adapts more to the marine environment
Diving down beneath the waves on the surface our body becomes calmer, our heart starts beating slower, and we can truly relax and observe what happens around us as a quiet observer instead of a noisy intruder. As opposed to scuba diving where we dive to look around and see stuff, freediving is more about exploring what goes on inside of our body and mind.
By diving down on a breath-hold the ocean holds up a mirror and confronts us with the tensions we are carrying around and might not have been aware of before. We learn to be more conscious about our physical and mental negativity and do something about it. Freediving for most people is a life transforming experience
FREEDIVING COURSES WE OFFER in BOHOL PHILIPPINES
PADI FREEDIVER COURSE
The PADI Freediver course takes 2-3 days depending on the weather but also on the skills of the students. Courses are performance based, not time based - COST 12,000 PHP
Freediving is directed inwards instead of outwards. You learn to explore how your body reacts to being underwater on a breath hold. No tanks, just you and the ocean. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming more and more popular worldwide and is first choice among adventurous and physically fit people around the globe.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a low-volume mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and elastic weight belt. In this course, We have long bifins available for students but it is definitely ok to use normal snorkeling or scuba diving fins
PADI ADVANCED FREEDIVER COURSE
The PADI advanced freediver course takes 3-4 days as there are more skills to practice more thoroughly - COST 15,000 PHP
After completing the first level of the Freediver training most freedivers feel the longing to go even deeper. Reaching the wanted depth brings a deep satisfaction for any freediver regardless the experience. On the PADI Advanced Freediver course we provide the building blocks to fulfill that personal need to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress slowly while learning how your body performs during apnea. To enroll in a PADI Advanced Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old and have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization)
- Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver TouchTM (or your instructor may conduct class sessions)
- Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 metres/165 feet (40 metres/130 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
- Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 meters/65 feet (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
You need to have a freediving mask, snorkel, bifins, wetsuit and weight belt. We provide long bifins, low-volume masks and elastic weightbelts but it is recommended to have your own equipment. At this stage of the training personal equipment is more important due to the higher comfort level. More than with scuba diving everything has to fit exactly and feel perfect. A freediving computer is very helpful to have and it keeps a track record of all your progress
PADI MASTER FREEDIVER COURSE
The PADI Master Freediver Course takes around 3-5 days depending on your progress - COST 18,000 PHP
If you’re really hooked by the breath hold diving and already an advanced freediver who wants to learn how to fine-tune your lifestyle and training so that you can approach master levels, then the PADI Master Freediver course is for you. Through focused sessions, you’ll bring your static apnea, dynamic apnea, free immersion and constant weight skills to the next level. From this point on freediving becomes a lifestyle more than just a hobby. People who make it here are really passionate already and willing to grow in the sport.
To enroll in a PADI Master Freediver course you must be at least 18 years old and have a PADI Advanced Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization).
- Knowledge development about nutrition, relaxation and advanced breathing techniques. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver Touch™ or we will do some theory here in the dive shop. You’ll also complete independent research as part of the Master Freediver Assignment
- Confined water session to improve static and dynamic apnea attempts, including a no fins dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 3 minutes, 30 seconds and dynamic apnea of 70 metres/230 feet
- Open water sessions to practice mouthfill equalization and perform warm-up and workup dives for free immersion and constant weight freediving. Goal – constant weight freedive of 27 metres/90 feet
You need to have a low-volume freediving mask, snorkel, bifins, wetsuit and weight belt. For this course it is a good idea to have a personal freediving computer but still we can provide you some of this equipment except for the freediving computer.