Technical Diving pushes the usual limits of recreational diving, and helps divers improve their knowledge and skills further.
Not only will you be able to access dive sites very few divers have seen, but it will also completely change the way your regard your usual recreational dives, making you a safer and more competent diver.
WHAT IS TECHNICAL DIVING?
- Beyond the usual recreational limits
- Depth : deeper than 40 m
- Time : beyond the No Decompression Limit
- Penetration : > 40 m total linear penetration (overhead)
- Gas : > 40% Nitrox and/or use of Trimix (helium)
- Gear : 2 or more tanks, sidemount, long hose, etc.
WHY CHOOSE TECHNICAL DIVING?
As a PADI Professional, being a Technical diver will open a whole new world of opportunities in the diving industry, allowing you to guide and/or teach technical divers, as well as offer more knowledge and experience to your recreational students.
Dive-Careers' technical diving team will come to your Dive Centre to teach the entire range of PADI TecRec courses to you and your students, and can add Technical Diving modules to the IDC we organize at your Dive Centre. We will help you set up technical diving courses at your location, offering expertise and advice regarding gear, logistics and teaching related to Technical diving. If you are a freelance diving instructor, we can help you become a Technical Diving Instructor - if you are a PADI Dive Centre, we can help you become a TecRec Dive Centre.
We can come and teach Technical Diving courses up to Instructor level anywhere in the world - but we also have a few permanent course locations where you can join our regular programs
TECHNICAL DIVING PRE-REQUISITES
BEFORE YOU CAN ENROL ON ANY TECHNICAL DIVING COURSE YOU MUST:
- BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD
- BE A PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER*
- BE A PADI ENRICHED AIR DIVER*
- BE A PADI DEEP DIVER* or have logged minimum 10 dives to 30m
- HAVE 30 LOGGED DIVES (10 of which need to be on enriched air deeper than 18m)
- HAVE A MEDICAL FORM SIGNED BY A PHYSICIAN stating you are fit to dive